Risk Management, Holistic Safety & Security
Working to strengthen young people’s SRHR and gender equality presents risks. Rutgers and RNW’s offer support in risk management and in taking a holistic approach to safety & security. With our advice and support, you will be able to gear your risk management towards protecting and expanding your workspace. You will adequately link the different dimensions of safety & security at play: physical, psycho-social, digital, financial, legal, etc. You will find support in accessing resources, preventing threats from happening and in preparing for emergencies and crises.
What capacity strengthening support can we provide on this topic?
Our capacity strengthening offer includes support to risk assessments, security mappings, safety and security policies and protocols, emergency and crisis management, co-creation/co-facilitation of security trainings, the provision of tools, and reference to resources and networks. We will rely heavily on the expertise and judgment of country partners: co-creation, mutual learning and mutual support is key. RNW Media’s experienced digital security experts cover a broad range of current and emerging threats to privacy and security and assist in the development of threat models and master core techniques and principles for protecting data: threat awareness, cybercrime & cyber security tools, threat modelling, device security & privacy, risk mitigation strategies.
What could the CS look like?
The form and shape and length of process is open and tailored to the specific process and need: peer exchange/support/review, joint policy development, learning trajectory, coaching/mentoring, technical advice, e-learning, in-person workshop, webinar, networking/introductions to third parties, etc.
Risk management and safety & security requires commitment and involvement at board, management and implementation level. We offer support to board members, management and implementing colleagues.
What tools are available?
- Holistic security manual
- Holistic security facilitators’ guide
- Rutgers Facilitator’s guide ‘Working on SRHR in times of opposition’
- A host of international, regional and local organisations offers technical or financial emergency support and capacity strengthening. There are manuals, guidelines, online tools, projects, often tailored to theme, region, audience, target or beneficiary group. Rutgers will make a database of these resources.
What languages can this CS support be provided in?
- Rutgers & RNW: English, French
- International, regional, local support organisations: many other languages.