Become a Catalyst for the Scale-up of SRHR I&E
How do you combine advocacy, education delivery, community engagement and dealing with opposition in one comprehensive SRHR I&E approach? What are key steps to become a catalyst for the scale-up of SRHR I&E? Rutgers can support RHRN partners to further sustainable institutional delivery of SRHR I&E at country, district and community level, by designing education programs that are scalable and based on trusted relationships with other education stakeholders.
What capacity strengthening support can we provide on this topic?
- Embedding SRHR I&E into the school system - Rutgers can support the Whole School Approach for SRHR I&E in schools and communities by using multi-component and multi-stakeholder approaches.
- Making the case and engaging in dialogue – Rutgers can support identifying government institutions and processes of SRHR I&E scale-up, and developing contextualized evidence and advocacy rationales, including costs drivers, health impact and potential return on investment.
- Developing a scale up plan and setting up coordination mechanisms – Rutgers can support the development of a clear, costed plan for scale-up, including monitoring and coordination mechanisms and agreements between the sector ministries and key actors.
- Assessing, developing and testing education materials - Rutgers can support the development or expert review of SRHR I&E curriculum frameworks and age-appropriate content, and piloting them, including testing cost-effectiveness, contextual acceptance and technical scalability.
- Scaling up in-service and pre-service teacher training and support – Rutgers can support developing or revising teacher training methodology (cascaded, self-directed and online), minimum standards for training, and standardized materials for in-service and pre-service delivery for teacher education colleges and universities.
What could the CS look like?
Rutgers can support in co-developing and co-facilitating workshops, self-directed e-learnings, sharing resources and materials, providing technical support (input and reviewing) for the development of strategies, documents and tools (incl. PMEL), and their implementation. We can also link you and support exchange with a pool of global experts and like-minded peers that have been involved in the scale up of SRHR I&E in their country.
What tools are available?
- Scaling Up Sexuality Education: Lessons learned and consideration for civil society organisations
- Whole School Approach: Manual and quick guides (Eng and Fr), toolkit, training, research.
- Model for cost-benefit calculations of Sexuality Education to develop investment cases for budget advocacy
What languages can this CS support be provided in?
English and French